Constituent Services
Home / Constituent Services / Help With a Federal Agency

The Privacy Act Release Form MUST be filled out and sent to our office BEFORE we can begin assisting with your case.

As a Member of Congress, one of my most important responsibilities is to help constituents interact with the many agencies and offices of the federal government. 

To begin the process, federal agencies require you complete a Privacy Act release form.

Please click HERE for a version of the Privacy Act release form that can be electronically completed.

A Chinese language version can be found HERE (中文版可以在這裡找到)

A Korean language version can be found HERE (한국어 버전은 여기에서 찾을 수 있습니다)

A Spanish language version can be found HERE (Una versión en Español se puede encontrar aquí) 

The form must be signed by the person directly affected by the issue or, in the case of USCIS, the person petitioning. Once we have the form, we can begin to work on your case. 

Please email completed and signed English/Spanish/Chinese/Korean Privacy Act Release forms to Director of Constituent Services Cynthia Barile at or mail it in to our Brea district office (210 W. Birch Street, Suite 201, Brea, CA 92821).

Please note: Electronically completed and emailed Privacy Act Release forms are the quickest method for my office to obtain the authorization it needs to address your case.

Although I cannot force an agency to expedite your case or act in your favor, the office can frequently intervene to facilitate the processes involved, encourage an agency to give your case consideration and sometimes advocate for a favorable outcome.

My staff can help with matters involving government agencies and programs, including:

* military awards and commendations;
* veterans' benefits;
* Social Security and Medicare benefits;
* immigration matters;
* federal worker injury compensation;
* small-business concerns;
* tax matters and Internal Revenue Service;
* HUD housing;
* student loans;
* military academy applications

My office is unable to offer legal advice or recommend an attorney. The rules of the House do not allow me to intervene in or influence the outcome of cases that are under the jurisdiction of any court. Although I cannot guarantee a particular outcome, my staff and I will do our best to help you receive a fair and timely response regarding your problem.

Which agency do you need help with?

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)
Formerly Immigration and Naturalization Service (INS) and Bureau of Citizenship and Immigration Services (BICS).

Education Department

Federal Communications Commission (FCC)

Housing and Urban Development (HUD)

Labor Department (DOL) and National Labor Relations Board (NLRB)

U.S. Postal Service (USPS)

Social Security Adminstration (SSA) and Medicare

Defense Department (DOD)

Internal Revenue Service (IRS)

State Department and Passport/Visa Services

Veterans Affairs Department (VA)

Connect with Ed

Use the form below to sign up for updates from Ed or connect on social media.

How Can I Help You?

Use the buttons below to discover how I can help you with services in the 39th district