Constituent Services
Home / Constituent Services / Social Security Administration (SSA) and Medicare
If you would like Rep. Royce's help with Social Security or Medicare issues or have a question that is not addressed on this page, please call Rep. Royce in his Orange office or print out his Privacy Authorization Form and fax or mail it to his Brea office: Representative Ed Royce 210 W Birch Street , Suite 201, Brea, CA 92821 Phone: (714) 255-0101 Fax: (714) 255-0109.

What is the Social Security Administration?

Social Security was created in the 1930s as a social insurance program designed to pay retired workers age 65 or older a continuing income after retirement. Today, it also includes disability benefits, Medicare and Supplemental Security Income. The Social Security Administration (SSA) is charged with handling these important federal programs. Visit the SSA website to learn more about the agency:

Social Security Online
The official website of the Social Security Administration.

What is Medicare and what should I do if I have a problem?

Medicare is the health coverage extended to Social Security beneficiaries aged 65 or older. Please visit Rep. Royce's Medicare page to answer all your questions about Medicare:

Rep. Royce's Medicare Information Page
Use this page to help answer your questions about Medicare.

How do I get a new or replacement Social Security card?

It is important to have your Social Security card. Many people lose their Social Security cards and suffer no adverse consequences. However, oftentimes it is necessary to show your card when applying for a job or enrolling in college.

To get a new Social Security card or replace a lost or stolen card you can call 1-800-772-1213 or visit your local Social Security office. Please make sure to bring any documents they request in with you in order to fill out the paperwork.

To protect your personal information and prevent identity theft, the Social Security Administration can not issue Social Security numbers or cards online.

Find your local Social Security office

Your Social Security Number and Card
Find complete information on how to get a Social Security number & card, change your name on your card, get a replacement card, obtain a new number and more.

What should I do if I think I am a victim of identity theft?

Identity theft is a very serious matter. If you believe your Social Security number is being used fraudulently by someone else, please call 1-800-772-1213 or report this to your local Social Security office immediately.

In addition, if you think your identifty is being stolen, you should file a report immediately with your local police department and file a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission by calling 1-877-IDTHEFT (438-4338.)

How do I report a stolen Social Security card?

Find your local Social Security office

File an identity theft complaint with the Federal Trade Commission

"When Someone Misuses Your Social Security Number"
A Social Security Administration publication.

"Take Charge: Fighting Back Against Identity Theft"
A Federal Trade Commission publication.

What is Supplemental Security Income (SSI) and where can I learn more about it?

Supplemental Security Income (SSI) pays monthly benefits to people who are age 65 or older, or blind, or who have a disability, or do not own much or have a small income. SSI is not just for adults and monthly benefits can go to disabled and blind children. People who get SSI can usually also get food stamps and Medicaid. Medicaid helps pay doctor and hospital bills.

Supplemental Security Income
An electronic booklet about SSI that describes the program in detail.

Connect with Ed

Use the form below to sign up for updates from Ed or connect on social media.

How Can I Help You?

Use the buttons below to discover how I can help you with services in the 39th district